Saturday, Sept 27th from 10am to 2pm
Come show your artistic talent at the YMCA. You may register in three different categories, Children up to 15 years of age can draw for no cost, but must be supervised by a parent. Register in advance to make sure a square is available.
Adult category: $5 per square. Business category $5 per square. Youth 16 and 17 years of age who want to enter as an individual may enter the adult category.
You can start drawing on your assigned sidewalk square any time after 10am. Judging begins at 1:30pm and prizes will be awarded at 2pm.
- Each drawing must remain within the designated square area.
- No spray fixatives may be used.
- Use only the chalk distributed for the competition.
- Only one box of chalk will be provided for each square
- Drawing on buildings, trees or any surfaces other than assigned squares is not permitted
- The contest is a family event. Any artwork that contains nudity, profanity or other content deemed inappropriate by contest officials will be removed.
- Only those who have registered for the competition will be eligible to participate and receive prizes.
- Participants must be present to collect the awarded prize.
- Judges can disqualify artists for failure to adhere to any of the above guidelines.
Registration will be open from now to Sept 27, 2014 at the YMCA until all squares are taken. For more information, contact Janine YMCA at 423-4770 ext 205.