Outdoor Adventure Day Camp
Remember camp as a youth? For well over a century, YMCA camps around the country have been creating memories for children that truly last a lifetime! YMCA camps have helped thousands of Y campers have fun, make new friends, learn to appreciate the environment, develop leadership skills, and to grow as a person in a unique outdoor life setting. Day Camp has all the benefits of summer camp and you still get to go home every night. Each session is limited to the number of campers per week. Staff ratio is 1 counselor to 14 campers. Camper groups will be separated into two categories: 6-9 years old and 10-13 years old. The YMCA Summer Outdoor Adventure Day Camp is located on 50 acres on the Kalama River and is about 15 miles south of Longview/Kelso off the Kalama River Road.
New This Summer:
With Youth and Family Link, we will be offering STEM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) including a weather balloon launch, plus GPS Geo-caching, hiking, canoeing, campfire songs and s’mores, skits, disc golf, archery, games, swimming, rocketry, catapult building, all on a Kalama River site.
Along with the following activities:
- Archery: Has 8 levels of progression based on distance and accuracy. Campers will be supervised by 1 to 2 staff at all times while on the archery range.
- Orienteering: Our orienteering program teaches skills in compass basics, reading and making maps, and reading terrain.
- Cast & Reel Fishing: Includes basic instruction in fishing while teaching participants nature conservation through catch and release programs.
- Canoeing: Includes introduction/basic canoeing safety and three progressive levels of canoeing skills.
Each level contains: basic padding, water safety and rescue techniques along with fun games to practice their skills. (All canoeing and water sports activities are supervised by a least one lifeguard at all times.)
- Nature Studies: Campers will be participants in games and activities that teach them to enjoy and respect the environment.
- Other Activities: Crafts, Team Sports, Frisbee Golf, Open Swim, Horseshoes, Swing Ball, Hiking, Team Building Skills, and much more.
Please send with your child every day:
- Swim Suit
- Lunch and snacks for your child
- Extra full set of clothes
- Extra shoes to play in water.
The YMCA Outdoor Adventure Day Camp is located on 50 acres on the Kalama River and is about 15 miles south of Longview/Kelso off the Kalama River Road.
Ages: 6-13 years
7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Drop off and pick up will both be at the YMCA of Southwest Washington. Drop off is between 7:30am-8:30am. Pickup is between 5:00pm-5:30pm. Campers must be picked up by 5:30pm ($1.00/minute late charge after 5:30pm).
$85 a week
$110 a week
To reserve a spot for your child, a $20 deposit must be paid at time of reservation to secure your child’s spot for each week of registration. (Deposits are not refundable) The remaining balance for each week must be paid the Monday (7 days) prior to each week of camp. If your balance is not satisfied 7 days in advance, your child will be removed from the roster for that week and forfeit their spot and deposit.
No Camp July 3-7
Weeks of Camp:
June 26-June 30
July 31 – August 4